Meet Nigel Gordijk
Nigel specializes in community-based marketing for small businesses and non-profits, using graphic design and social media.
Photo: Kate Bueckert/CBC
Qualified and experienced
I have a B.A. (Hons) in Graphic Design and I've been a professional designer for more than three decades. (Remember that before trusting a novice with your valuable reputation). I've been working with some of my loyal clients for a decade. I bring a visual clarity to complex communication issues.
My work has appeared in Jeff Fisher's The Savvy Designer's Guide to Success and Identity Crisis!: 50 redesigns that transformed stale identities into successful brands.
I'm also a reporter for The Wilmot Post.
I've worked with non-profits, small start-ups and multinational organizations. I've learned that effective communication is the result of intelligent thinking, resulting in ideas that are engaging, memorable and relevant to you and your audience.
I was born in London, England and lived in Brighton. Now I'm based in New Hamburg, ON, where I argue with locals about which one of us has an accent. I married Torontonian Cheryl in 1997 and moved to Canada in 2007.
Cheryl and Nigel Gordijk
- Organizer of the Wilmot Terry Fox Run (with Cheryl).
- Core member of the Wilmot Healthy Communities Coalition.
- Wilmot Responds marketing and communication coordinator.
- Donates design services to the Lioness Welcome Home Tour.
- Volunteers at the Wilmot Family Resource Centre Poor Boys Luncheon, New Hamburg Santa Claus Parade, Canada Day In Wilmot celebrations, and St. Agatha StrawberryFest. Executive member and Marketing Director of the New Hamburg Board of Trade, 2007-2015.
- Deputy Chair of New Hamburg Flood Relief Committee in 2009.